Today, we'll cover how you can get more leads and more phone calls by using Facebook Click To Call Ads!
If you're in the home improvement or real estate industry, few things are better than a phone call from a hot lead. In the world of digital marketing, human connection still reigns.
Guiding prospects to the call is easier than you think with Facebook Click-To-Call ads! Lets go through how to set them up.
What Are Facebook Click-to-Call Ads?
Catering to businesses just like you with a local audience and a service that always requires a phone call anyway, Facebook offers a special type of local awareness ads. These ads display in people’s newsfeeds when they’re near one of your business’ locations.
Unlike general Facebook ads with a call-to-action that links to a website, local awareness ads have more specific CTAs: “Get Directions,” and “Call Now.”
Facebook click-to-call ads display the “Call Now” button. When users click it, it opens the dial pad on their phones with your business’ number pre-populated. Then, they can easily give you a call and set their appointment!
Example Use Cases for Click-to-Call Ads
Why bother promoting phone calls? Isn't everything done online these days? Well, research has shown that increased mobile adoption has led to “an explosion of phone calls.”
People want information instantly. The fastest way to get that information is to call and ask.
Let’s say one of your clients is a fine dining establishment that requires reservations. A potential customer is scrolling through his Facebook feed while waiting for the workday to end, and she sees an ad for your remodeling business.
Sure, she might be willing to go through a long online reservation process, but it’s more likely she’ll want to just call and take care of it quickly. Get her appointment set and be done with it.
Or maybe that same person wants to buy a new house and sees a home they love on the way home from work. Later, they see an ad for your real estate business and want to make sure this is a house they can see quickly. They want to know right away, as the house could be gone in a few days!
Click-to-call ads also work well for anyone who has a service based business that requires a quote or an appointment. There has to be communication via phone or in person anyway, so why add an extra step?
Facebook click-to-call ads can promote general business information, sales, and promotions.
They can be targeted to detailed personas and may display to people within a certain distance (ex: within a mile) or your client’s business.
How to Create a Click-to-Call Ad on Facebook
To create your first Facebook click-to-call ad, follow the instructions below.
1. Navigate to Facebook’s Ads Manager dashboard.
2. Select “Reach” in the “Awareness” column.
3. Scroll down, give your campaign a name, and click the “Continue” button.
4. Select the page for the business you’re creating the ad for, and set your targeting options as you would for any ad for that business.
5. Scroll down to the “Placements” section, and select “Edit Placements.”
6. Under “Device Types,” select “Mobile Only.” Since you’re building a click-to-call ad, there’s not much value in having the ad display to people using desktop computers.
7. Set your budgeting and scheduling options for the ad, then click “Continue.”
8. Create your ad using whatever text, images, etc. are important for the messaging.
9. When the ad is complete, scroll all of the ways down the page until you see the “Call to Action” drop-down. Select “Call Now,” and enter the business’ phone number in the box that populates below the drop-down.
Review your ad and make sure everything displays as desired, then click the confirm button to begin running your new click-to-call ad.
Call Tracking for Click-to-Call Ads
Now that your click-to-call ad is up and running, you need a way to measure how many calls you're getting!
Facebook provides metrics on ad impressions, total spend, and how many people clicked the “Call Now” CTA, but that doesn't mean all of those people went through with the phone call.
When a user clicks on the “Call Now” button, it doesn’t immediately initiate a call to the business. Instead, it opens the dial pad on the user’s mobile phone with the business’ phone number pre-populated. They could click cancel and never reach out.
To truly measure how many calls Facebook click-to-call ads are driving, you need call tracking of some sort, or a staff that is guaranteed to ask "How did you hear about us" every single time. But even that can be misleading.
Facebook Click-to-Call Ad Campaign Best Practices
When creating click-to-call ad campaigns on Facebook, there are a few best practices you should keep in mind:
- Target the right prospects. Take advantage of Facebook’s detailed targeting capabilities to display ads to your ideal customers. Also, make sure to utilize location targeting to get your ads in front of people who are near the business you’re promoting and that LIVE in the area!
- Schedule ads to run at prime times. To do this, you’ll need to establish an ad lifetime budget rather than a daily budget. However, being able to narrow the window when your ads display, such as when a mother is done putting her kids to bed and has some time to chat, is a great feature.
- Test multiple versions of ads. Does including an image encourage or discourage more clicks on your call button? What about including a video instead of an image? The only way to find out which versions of your ads generate the most impressions, clicks and calls is to test multiple versions and discover the top performers
However, the best practice of all is making sure you’re tracking the outcomes of your click-to-call ads.
Maybe click-to-call ads are much more effective than your other campaigns, and you should funnel more budget to that campaign type. Or maybe they don’t perform well at all and should be discontinued. The only way to find out is to track the calls and measure their performance!
CALLS ARE CRUCIAL FOR HOME SERVICE & REAL ESTATE BUSINESSES!
I'm a digital marketer, so it’s easy to immerse myself in forms, funnels and social media stats, but the truth is, even in a business like mine, all sales come from a phone call or in person event. Phone communication is the best first step, so skip over the form and get right to the point!
In truth, making a call is often much simpler than navigating and searching through a website, especially on a mobile device where typing is less convenient and time is often limited.
For this reason, you have a lot to gain by encouraging customers to call instead of click. With Facebook click-to-call ads, you can do just that.
If you're ready to start advertising on facebook, or want to learn how to do it all yourself with the right training, click here to schedule your free breakthrough call! (See how great phone calls are?)